Brunel 40 Plus walking group aims to get outside at the weekend, enjoy our fantastic countryside and meet like-minded people. Our target membership is those in their 40s to mid 50s, as we have established Brunel 40 Plus as a natural progression for those who have moved beyond the age range of the original group, We welcome potential new members on all walks – just turn up – but if you are nervous about coming out with us for the first time, look out for our occasional new members walks on the 40 Plus programme page, or send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Although we have a separate programme from the 20s/30s, there are often joint walks, joint socials and joint weekends away. We welcome under 40’s on any of our walks so if you’re approaching 40 and want to see what the Brunel Plus crowd is like, of if you just think this week’s 40+ walk suits you better than the 20s and 30s walk, we’d love to see you.
Brunel 40 Plus continues to thrive, and helping to take us forward this year are: Bev, who will continue to put our programme together; Tim, who is our Social Sec; and Philip, who undertakes the Brunel Plus co-ord role. All three represent Brunel Plus on the Brunelcommittee. Please speak to any of us if you have any queries or suggestions; and please continue to contribute to the group with your offers to lead walks and socials
40+ Walks and Social Events
- Sun 2 October 20169:30am / 2 Boot, 12.5miles / Hawkesbury, Horton & 5 Churches (Joint Walk)
- Sun 2 October 201610:45am / 1 Boot, 7 miles / Willsbridge (Brunel Plus)
- Sat 8 October 2016Go Ape / Segway Experience (Joint) – Saturday 8th October
- Sun 9 October 20168:55am / 1 Boot, 8 miles / Keynsham to Bristol river walk (Joint Walk)
- Sun 9 October 201610:00am / 2 Boot, 15km / Wells (Brunel Plus)
- Sun 9 October 20168:30am / 3 Boot, 14 miles / Bwlch with Altitude (Joint walk)
- Fri 14 October 2016Autumn Pub Crawl (Joint Event)
- Sat 15 October 2016Kiss Me Kate 7:30 pm
- Sun 16 October 201610:45am / 1 Boot, 5 miles / Avon Gorge & Leigh Woods (Brunel Plus)
- Fri 21 October 20167:30 Brunel Plus Monthly Pub Night
- Sun 23 October 20168:00am / 2 Boot, 12 miles / South Quantocks (Brunel Plus)
- Fri 28 October 20167:30pm for 8pm start, Brunel Walking Group AGM, Bristol YHA.
- Sun 30 October 20168:30am /2 Boot, 12 miles / South Cotswolds (Joint Walk)
- Fri 11 November 2016Brunel Posh Night 7:30 pm at Browns
- Fri 18 November 20167:30 Brunel Plus Monthly Pub Night
- Fri 25 November 2016Brunel Xmas Weekend Away
- Sat 10 December 2016Brunel Plus Bath Xmas Meal
- Fri 16 December 2016Xmas Pub Crawl
- Sat 31 December 2016New Year’s Party at The Tunnels
- Fri 5 May 2017National Young Ramblers weekend – Edinburgh