The walks and events on the Brunel Plus programme are aimed at our members in their 40s and 50s. We welcome potential new members on all walks – just turn up – but if you are nervous about coming out with us for the first time, look out for our occasional new members walks, or send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We’re always looking for more walks and walk leaders – please do volunteer if you can to provide a walk (and remember we’re happy to help you).
Under 40s are welcome on any of the Brunel Plus walks so if you’re approaching 40 and want to see what the Brunel Plus crowd is like, or if you just think this week’s Brunel Plus walk suits you better than the 20s and 30s walk, we’d love to see you.
The Brunel Plus programme is managed by Steph (walks). We have no Brunel Plus Social secretary currently, let us know if that role would suit you! Kirstie is the Brunel Plus Rep (and Brunel Vice Chair).
Where we meet
Unless otherwise indicated in the walk description, we meet at one of the following locations:
St. Mary Redcliffe Car Park – We meet at Portwall Lane Car Park across the road from St. Mary Redcliffe Church. View map
The Water Tower – We meet outside the Water Tower on Stoke Road, Durdham Downs. View map
Aldi/Pizza Hut Car Park, Bradley Stoke – We meet at the Aldi/Pizza Hut Car Park in Bradley Stoke. View map
Bristol Temple Meads Station – We meet outside the main entrance to the station, underneath the entrance clock. View map
Bath Car Park – We meet in the carpark on Fonthill Road adjacent to Kingswood School, Lansdown, Bath. View map
Brunel Plus Walks and Social Events
- Wed 23 January 2019Wilderness Lecture: Guy Grieve
- Fri 25 January 20198pm Monthly Pub Night – Joint
- Sat 26 January 201910.30 1 Boot: Clean Up Kingswood
- Sun 27 January 201910.30 1 Boot: Black Down and Beacon Batch, Mendips (Brunel Plus)
- Sun 27 January 20199.15 2 Boot: Kewstoke and Sandpoint (Joint Walk)
- Sat 2 February 201918.00 1 Boot: Bumps That Go Thing in the Night IV (Joint Walk)
- Sun 3 February 201910.30 1 Boot: New Members Walk: The River Frome, Iron Acton and Coalpit Heath (Brunel Plus)
- Sun 10 February 20198.40 2 Boot: Castle Combe and the By Brook Valley (Brunel Plus)
- Sun 17 February 20198.40 2 Boot: Jack and Jill Went Up the Hill and Brunel came Rambling After (Joint Walk)
- Sun 24 February 20199.00 1 Boot: Ebbor Gorge and the Mendips (Joint Walk)
- Sun 17 March 20199.00 1 Boot: Newent – A Wander Amid Wild Daffodils (Themed Joint Walk with Clevedon Ramblers)
- Sun 17 March 20198.15 2 Boot: Northern Quantocks (Brunel Plus)
- Sat 23 March 20198.30 3 Boot: Llanthony Priory Grand Ridgeline Circuit (Joint Walk)