The Brunel Plus programme is aimed at our members in their 40s to mid 50s. We welcome potential new members on all walks – just turn up – but if you are nervous about coming out with us for the first time, look out for our occasional new members walks, or send us an e-mail (email@example.com).
Under 40s are welcome on any of the 40+ walks so if you’re approaching 40 and want to see what the Brunel Plus crowd is like, or if you just think this week’s 40+ walk suits you better than the 20s and 30s walk, we’d love to see you.
The Brunel Plus programme is managed by Steph (walks). We have no Brunel Plus Social secretary currently, let us know if that role would suit you! Kirstie is the Brunel Plus Rep (and Brunel Vice Chair). Please continue to offer walks and social events!
Where we meet
Unless otherwise indicated in the walk description, we meet at one of the following locations:
St. Mary Redcliffe Car Park – We meet at Portwall Lane Car Park across the road from St. Mary Redcliffe Church. View map
The Water Tower – We meet outside the Water Tower on Stoke Road, Durdham Downs. View map
Aldi/Pizza Hut Car Park, Bradley Stoke – We meet at the Aldi/Pizza Hut Car Park in Bradley Stoke. View map
Bristol Temple Meads Station – We meet outside the main entrance to the station, underneath the entrance clock. View map
Bath Car Park – We meet in the carpark on Fonthill Road adjacent to Kingswood School, Lansdown, Bath. View map
40+ Walks and Social Events
- Fri 19 January 20188pm Brunel Plus monthly pub night
- Sat 20 January 201814:00 1 Boot: Chepstow Mari Lwyd (Joint Walk) New Members Welcome!
- Sun 21 January 20189am 1 Boot: Historic Bristol, Avon Area Themed Walk (Joint with Kingswood Ramblers)
- Sun 21 January 201809:15 2 Boot: Keynsham and Stantonbury Hill (Joint Walk)
- Sat 27 January 20188:30am 2 Boot: Pen Cerrig-Calch & Pen Allt-Mawr Loop (Joint Walk)
- Sun 28 January 20189am 1 Boot: Wookey and Wells (Brunel Plus)
- Sat 3 February 2018Avon Area AGM preceded by 1 Boot Walk: 10am: Cattybrook Brick Works & Lower Almondsbury
- Fri 16 February 20188pm Brunel Plus monthly pub night
- Sat 17 February 20189.45am 1 Boot: We Own It, Avon Area Themed Walk (Joint with Bristol Ramblers)
- Sun 25 February 20189.30 2 Boot: South Cotswolds (Brunel Plus)
- Sun 25 February 20181 Boot: (Brunel Plus) Details to follow
- Sun 11 March 20188.30 1 Boot: Fourteen Locks Canal Centre, Avon Area Themed Walk (Joint with Clevedon Ramblers)
- Fri 23 March 20188pm Brunel Plus monthly pub night
- Sun 22 April 201811.00 1 Boot: Bristol South Skyline (Joint Walk)